The Memorial Hall, originally known as Tollbooth House, is Grade II Listed and was built in the mid 1700's. It was partly rebuilt after a fire in 1872 and during the rebuilding process the badly damaged second floor was removed.

The hall was at one time converted to a cinema and the projection room can be seen on the west gable elevation at first floor level. It is now used as a community facility for a range of activities, including performances by a local theatre groups.

mass architecture completed a feasibility study in March 2012 and secured planning permission to upgrade the building in September 2013. The refurbishment will improve accessibility by adding a new lift and thermal performance together with new WC and kitchen facilities, to ensure it remains an important community hub.